I often show disgust for today's most successful musicians. I'm trying to get a degree in music so that I can make below the poverty line a year and there are extremely untalented people out there, AKA some pop stars, who can't sing a pitch to save their lives but are wealthy and famous as musicians. Why? They suck! Ever heard Avril Lavigne sing live? It'll make you tear your hair out.
Having said that, people who have received zero training in music can also be fantastic musicians. Don't think I'm being a snob and saying that you need to go to school to be great. Many of the musicians I like best have never studied music formally.
My friend Kori, for example. If I had to endorse one musician, this guy is the one. He really knows what he's doing with a guitar, like he was born with one in hand, and his voice is both very expressive and on pitch with a drop of honey to lure you in.
Go ahead, listen to what he's got on MySpace, and order his album. Many young Canadian artists claim to be unique in their style but this one is real, and this is the kind of musician we should all be supporting.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment